2018-01-27

Setting up an OpenHab with a Homematic CCU2

Project history

  1. Previous project: name with link
  2. old posting with link
  3. current posting
  4. next step
  5. Next project: designing a chain link tool library

Purpose:

 I want to:
  • meassure the energy consumption of an air dehumidifier that I have running in the hobby workshop.
  • Meassure moisture, temperature and maybe even CO2 around the house.
  • Control the heating via my Google Calendar (because it shows when I'm away).

Chosen hardware:

  • Homematic parts for energy consumption and heating. 
  • I could have chosen a DIY alternative for the Homematic CCU2 but that was too much DIY for a first step that already involved way too many things I was not yet familar with.
  • Alternartive parts for energy consumption that are not completely DIY (safety) are not fully supported by EasyESP yet.
  • EasyESP on ESP8266 with various sensors and actory via MQTT at a later point.

Setting up OpenHabian

Straightforward.
HOWEVER, do NOT edit anything in the openhab.config except maybe the Wifi password.
Else it will not boot.
(Either that or I had a broken flash the first time.)

Setting up Homematic with OpenHab


There is a very nice tutorial, that I was following.
Sadly there is one thing it is missing out on.
The CCU2 has a firewall-setting in
Einstellungen->Systemsteuerung gibt es einen Punkt “Firewall konfigurieren”,
By default 192.168.0.0/24 is in there but if you are using e.g. 10.x.x.x, you have to enter the address of your OpenHab there.
Because it's also not mentioned in the Homematic manual, I was at the brink of throwing this out the window, shortly before I found it.

I'll probably not use Homematic in the long run and switch to Z-wave instead.

Meassuring energy consumption with OpenHab

I had another tutorial to follow here....and gave up on it.
It is written for an OLD version.
This /etc/openhab2/services/rrd4j.cfg  looks much better
 
Strategies {
 everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
   everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
    everyDay : "0 0 0 * * ?"
}

Items {
 // all items, all updates
 * : strategy = everyUpdate, everyMinute
}

Graphs

 I did not get graphs to work until I added a
        service=
to each and every Chart in my sitemap. Then it suddenly worked.

 

 Links:

Keine Kommentare: