2015-12-08

Lenovo P70 or P50 Hackingtosh

The Plan

My current 2011 Macbook is great and enough except for the old graphics card.
I want a Macbook with
  • >2TB of disk space (=mechanical drives),
  • lots of upgradable memory (>=32GB)
  • Thunderbolt 2 or 3 for my existing Thunderbold 2 hardware
  • A CUDA 1.2 capable graphics card with lots of memory
These are hard requirements


It is supposed to run
  • DaVincy Resolve  
  • Final Cut Pro X
  • VMWare for my Geomagic Studio CAD
  • Dual Boot into Windows  >=8.1 for the Kinect V2
  • Android Studio
 Thus I set my mind on the Lenovo P70 (2 TB3 ports, 2 HDD+1SDD) or P50 (1 TBB3 port, 1 HDD+1SDD).

This blog posting is being updated as the project progresses.

 

P70 hardware notes

graphics

NVIDIA Quadro M5000M 8 GB
supported? 

sound

supported?

bluetooth 

supported?

wifi

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC/B/G/N 8260, Bluetooth-Version 4.0 vPro
supported?

color sensor

supported?

pointing device(s)

support? for multiple fingers?

card reader

supported?

camera

supported?


 

Software

  • "Also I recommend Unibeast to do the install, then Multibeast to do the drivers post-install bit... Clover was too advanced, I didn't get it as well." 
  • "Clover, however, provides a more native experience, a modern UI, faster boot times, iMessage/iCloud/Facetime support, on-the-fly kext patching for things like SATA, Graphics, Power Management, etc. General consensus is that if you have a newer configuration with a UEFI motherboard, you should choose Clover method."
  • Wat are kext files?

 


Status


Just collecting information yet since I never build a hackingtosh yet.

Keine Kommentare: